- 1 stick butter
- 1 large can peaches, drained
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Melt the butter, and put in a square cake pan.
- Dump the peaches into the butter, and spread them out into a single layer. (You can use fresh peach slices instead, if you have them. Be sure to peel them first.)
- In a bowl, mix the self-rising flour, sugar and milk until smooth. Pour evenly over the peach slices.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for about an hour, or until the top is a light golden brown. This is a real forgiving recipe, so if you are in a hurry you can bake it at a higher temperature.